Students interested in intergenerational trauma; psychosis and schizophrenia; psychiatric rights issues; social justice; psychoanalysis and social change; or issues in child therapy and child trauma are welcome. Students can develop projects in their areas of interests or work on facets of my existing research projects. Emphasis is on qualitiative research, and second-year projects are included in this work. Students may also do entirely theoretical dissertations. Opportunities for presentations at professional conferences available to all participating students.
My students and I pursue inquiry into…
- Intergenerational and collective trauma
- Clinical aspects of psychic experience
- Indigenous and alternative modes of psychic healing
- Cultural and other forms of difference and their impact on psychic life and trauma treatment
- Origins of, subjective experience of, and therapeutic strategies for psychoses and schizophrenia
- Child trauma and child psychotherapy
- Psychoanalysis, ideology, culture & society
Please click on the tab “Current and Recent PhD Student Profiles” to see individual profiles.